It was my son’s first birthday last Saturday and of course we had a small party. I told you all about the theme I wanted to use and so I went with it, but of course rather than purchase everything I made all of it from scratch. This includes baking the cake and decorating the cake. I personally don’t like my cake writing so I instead made a bunting for the cake. Here is how you can do it too:
- Template (You size it yourself)
- Cut out the pennants using the appropriately sized template.
- Cut a piece of thread (longer is better) and thread it thru a needle.
- “Punch” holes in the triangles by placing the card stock pennants on a soft surface and poking a needle thru the corners.
- Using the threaded needle, start threading thru the pennants, front to back.
- Continue this process until all of the pennants have been placed on the thread.
- At this point you can decorate the pennants if you see fit. Find some bamboo skewers (paint them if you want) and tie the bunting to the skewers, trimming if desired. Carefully poke the skewers thru the cake and VIOLA!