I did this little exercise last year where I created a one sheet plan for the year. It turns out it worked out great for me. I accomplished all of the goals on the list! I even broke through some of my own barriers from lessons I learned for the previous year which I also captured on the same sheet of paper.
This was a huge success in my mind because I am not one for creating goals. In fact I rarely do that because then I get bogged down in the task that I think I have to complete to do it. I like it so much I decided to do it again.
The sheet is quite simple with only 6 boxes:
- Mantra – the one word that is just really speaking to you right now that you want your whole year to revolve around
- I Will – the things that you want to accomplish this year, personal, business, traveling, etc.
- My Year Will Be – the one thing you want your year to be in a feeling.
- I Won’t – things that you definitely won’t do because you know they will distract you from the cause
- Places I will go – Maybe they are events, places, or people to see.
- I learned – this is all of the things you learned last year that you will attempt to improve upon this year.
I fill it out in about 15 or 20 minutes and hang it up in my studio to look at in passing. That is it! No complicated strategy planning. I just know that I have written them down and they roll around in the back of my head and then occasionally see them in my studio and act or is it react to them.
Anyways, I decided I would share it with you, so if you want your own copy feel free to download it!