The moment my mom new we were going back to France, she decided immediately to add Lourdes to the itinerary. She wanted to see the place where Our Lady appeared. The Church is located down in the valley so it was a hike to get there, but you are quickly greeted by a magnificent church…
Of course there is a line around the spring where Our Lady appeared….
People were everywhere praying, including some outdoor altars…
With so many people it was almost impossible to find some serenity, but the Old Church helped…
The hike up the mountain to view the Stations of the Cross was amazing too!
More French Pastries Please:
- Day 1: Photo Friday: Cherchez la Femme
- Day 2: One Big Party in Paris
- Day 3: A Town Back in Time
- Day 4 (Part 1): Dante’s Den
- Day 4 (Part 2): A Quaint Charm
- Day 4 (Part 3): A Garden of Many Faces
- Day 5: Wine is Life